An earlier presidential primary would hand California Democrats more political power (Audio)
- September 26, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, on the pros and cons via Southern California Public Radio, Sept. 26, 2017
"I think they have two concerns," says Louis DeSipio, professor of political science at UC Irvine. "California leans Democratic, and Republicans in the state probably don't want Democrats to have a disproportionate voice in selecting one of the party nominees." … "This bill would also move the primary date forward for other statewide races so it would extend the election season by several months," DeSipio says.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/programs/take-two/2017/09/26/59347/an-earlier-presidential-primary-would-hand-califor/.
Related News Items
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices