California vows to fight for its 'Dreamers'
- September 6, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, via Daily Mail and Yahoo! Sept. 6, 2017
Louis DeSipio, professor of political science at UC Irvine, notes that the state of
California has made a "considerable investment" in educating many of these young people.
"If they can't work up to the levels that their skills dictate, this investment is
not going to pay off as well as it has in the past," he argued.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4860330/California-vows-fight-Dreamers.html.
Related News Items
- Immigrants in California applying to become US citizens
- Republicans claim victory in two special elections
- Joe Biden must follow Bernie Sanders' example and aggressively court Latinos
- Naturalized citizens could be critical in this fall's election
- For ICE, business as usual is never business as usual in era of Trump