GOP finds momentum in O.C. battles
- August 21, 2017
- Mark Petracca, poli sci, in the Orange County Register, Aug. 21, 2017
“Statewide and countywide, the GOP is eager to find something, somehow, to claim as a victory going into the 2018 elections,” said Mark Petracca, a UC Irvine political scientist. “I would expect the party to go out of its way to look for battles that can be won and hope these wins get widely reported to their members and, where possible, by the press.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/21/gop-finds-momentum-in-o-c-battles/.
Related News Items
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)
- Seven Republican districts in California favored Clinton. Can Democrats flip them in November?