The pattern used by Mexicans to manipulate elections in Texas
- July 19, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via Univision, July 19, 2017
"Political machinations tended to last a generation at most," says Louis DeSipio,
a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine. "In the case of the
Parr their control lasted a little longer because in their territory there was a large
amount of illiterate Mexican-American population."
For the full story, please visit http://www.univision.com/noticias/politica/el-patron-que-se-aprovechaba-de-los-mexicanos-para-manipular-elecciones-en-texas.
Related News Items
- For ICE, business as usual is never business as usual in era of Trump
- Most Republicans and Democrats agree: Immigrants make the U.S. a better place to live
- Is Julian Castro the next Obama? That's his pitch, if anyone is listening
- Infighting threatens Westminster's leadership and its Vietnamese American council majority
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots