Page Fed's cut in bond holdings may be messier than Yellen hopes
- May 1, 2017
- Eric Swanson, economics, via Bloomberg, May 1, 2017
It will also be affected by how much reserves commercial banks want to hold, said former Fed official Eric Swanson. “It’s nice for the Fed to be clear, but in this case they can’t be,” said Swanson, now a professor at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-01/fed-s-cut-in-huge-bond-holdings-may-be-messier-than-yellen-hopes.
Related News Items
- The Fed's review of its monetary policy strategy - and what Brookings' scholars have to say about it
- What economists fear will happen without more unemployment aid
- Symposium: Monetary policy at the effective lower bound
- Barkowski awarded Georgescu-Rogen Prize
- The Fed's actions speak louder than its words, which is why bond buying is here to stay