Measuring Trump's role in U.S. jobs announcements
- January 30, 2017
- David Neumark, economics, in the Los Angeles Times, Jan. 30, 2017
Trump has made jobs the centerpiece of his agenda, but some economists doubt the president’s
Tweeting and hectoring has had a genuine impact. “These things happen in both directions
all the time, new factory, closed factory, jobs move out and jobs move back,” said
David Neumark, a professor of economics at UC Irvine. “This is pure PR. They are making
these announcements to keep him off their back.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-agenda-trump-jobs-20170130-story.html.
Related News Items
- The economic debate over the minimum wage, explained
- As push for higher minimum wages grows, New York offers a test case
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says