Be wary of racism absolvers
- January 5, 2017
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, in The Undefeated, Jan. 5, 2017
Michael Tesler, for example, a University of California, Irvine political science professor, reports that whites holding “racially resentful beliefs, such as blaming racial inequality on black culture” strongly predicted support for Trump. The perception that whites are the real victims of racial discrimination, furthermore, “appeared to be an unusually strong predictor of support for Donald Trump in the general election,” writes Tesler.
For the full story, please visit http://theundefeated.com/features/be-wary-of-racism-absolvers/.
Related News Items
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are
- Why do GOP lawmakers still oppose legalizing weed?