Science backs how much foster care sucks
- October 17, 2016
- Kristin Turney, sociology, via the New York Daily News, Oct. 17, 2016
“No previous research has considered how the mental and physical well-being of children who have spent time in foster care compares to that of children in the general population,” said study co-author Kristin Turney, UCI associate professor of sociology, in the report. … “Foster care children are in considerably worse health than other children,” noted Turney.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/science-backs-foster-care-sucks-article-1.2833834.
Related News Items
- Phone calls, commissary accounts, lost time: Miles from prison, women face high costs of incarceration
- A lesson in solidarity
- Study: Adolescents' experiences with police have harmful repercussions for later life outcomes
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside