Science backs how much foster care sucks
- October 17, 2016
- Kristin Turney, sociology, via the New York Daily News, Oct. 17, 2016
“No previous research has considered how the mental and physical well-being of children who have spent time in foster care compares to that of children in the general population,” said study co-author Kristin Turney, UCI associate professor of sociology, in the report. … “Foster care children are in considerably worse health than other children,” noted Turney.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/science-backs-foster-care-sucks-article-1.2833834.
Related News Items
- Much of CA under curfew as unrest continues
- California needs to protect its prison staff and inmates during COVID-19 pandemic
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences
- Opinion: Matthew T. Mangino: The unintended consequences of mass incarceration
- Why do people wind up back in jail? In Pasco, USF researchers try to find out