Trump's immigration speech puts him on collision course with Bay Area cities, counties
- September 1, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via the East Bay Times and The Mercury News, Sept. 1, 201
While Trump showed he could behave himself during a meeting with an important head of state, his bombastic immigration address won't help him "win back those suburban college-educated Republicans" who have been deserting him, said Louis DeSipio, an expert in Latino politics and the director of the UC Irvine Center for the Study of Democracy.
For the full story, please visit http://www.eastbaytimes.com/breaking-news/ci_30318699/trumps-immigration-speech-puts-him-collision-course-bay.
Related News Items
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices
- Voter guide for Hispanic and Latino/a students