Melania Trump plagiarism scandal shows deeper problems in Trump campaign
- July 19, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci prof, tells The Mercury News the campaign missed an opportunity for a positive impact - July 19, 2016
Louis DiSipio, director of the UC Irvine Center for the Study of Democracy, agreed that few voters would be swayed by the controversy. "I don't think there will be a negative impact, but I think they missed an opportunity for a positive impact," DiSipio said. "The spouse's speech is supposed to be a humanizing moment for the candidates – and if anyone needs that, Donald Trump needs that. Whatever she said was lost in the fact that there was bad speechwriting for her."
For the full story, please visit http://www.mercurynews.com/elections/ci_30145290/melania-trump-plagiarism-scandal-shows-deeper-problems-trump.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff