President Obama can thank Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton for his growing popularity (op-ed)
- July 13, 2016
- Michael Tesler, political science associate professor, The Washington Post, July 13, 2016
Michael Tesler, associate professor of political science at UC Irvine, [writes]: The presidential campaign season has been very good for Barack Obama. Since the fall of 2015, the president’s favorability rating and job approval have increased by three and five percentage points, respectively, in polling averages. A majority of Americans consistently rate Obama favorably for the first time since his second term began.
Related News Items
- What's to stop the House speaker chaos from happening again to the next guy?
- Republicans dislike their congressional leaders. Democrats like theirs.
- Chris Christie should have run for president in 2012
- Chris Christie, Mike Pence, and Doug Burgum are all about to enter the GOP primary -- and that's excellent news for Donald Trump
- Playbook PM: Senate heads toward debt ceiling vote