He took part in the student walkouts a decade ago. Now he teaches young people to take a stand
- July 7, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, on immigrant rights in the Los Angeles Times, July 7, 2016
“They understand politics in a different way because of the marches,” said Louis DeSipio,
a professor of political science at University of California, Irvine. “Immigrants
are a central part of the story, and their rights are a central part of the story.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-immigration-walkouts-snap-htmlstory.html.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff