High court tied ruling keeps Obama immigration plan on hold
- June 23, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, on recent Supreme Court ruling, courtesy of Southern California Public Radio, June 23, 2016
“That is the challenge that extended DACA and DAPA presently,” said Louis DeSipio, a political scientist at University of California, Irvine. “They are by design short-term policies ... so the unauthorized community continues to remain under a great deal of pressure and stress, even with short-term protection.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2016/06/23/61530/high-court-tied-ruling-keeps-obama-immigration-pla/.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff