Sanders heads to D.C. as California pollsters try to explain his resounding loss
- June 9, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, on Sanders’ next move via The Mercury News June 9, 2016
After mounting a surprisingly stiff challenge to Clinton, Sanders now must grapple with how to sustain the political movement he unleashed on the campaign trail while helping Democrats defeat Trump in November, said Louis DeSipio, who directs the UC Irvine Center for the Study of Democracy.
For the full story, please visit http://www.mercurynews.com/politics-government/ci_29994164/sanders-heads-d-c-california-pollsters-try-explain.
Related News Items
- Joe Biden contradictory TikTok move an attempt to 'reach younger voters'
- "Many" will follow in Navalny's footsteps despite him being a "unique leader"
- Immigration emerges as key 2024 election wedge issue for Trump, vulnerability for Biden
- "Last chance" for Nikki Haley to show Trump's vulnerabilities
- "Hard to imagine" Joe Biden can solve migrant crisis without support from Congress