How political science helps explain the rise of Trump (part 3): It’s the economy, stupid
- March 4, 2016
- An op-ed by Michael Tesler, political science assistant professor, is featured in The Washington Post
From The Washington Post:
Michael Tesler, assistant professor of political science at UC Irvine [writes]: What explains the success of Donald Trump? In the first two posts in this series, we discussed two factors. First, most Americans and many Republicans in particular are not orthodox ideologues. Second, white identity and hostility to minority groups are strongly correlated with Trump support. In this last post, we again draw on decades of research to identify a third important factor: the economic struggles that some Americans are experiencing.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/03/04/how-political-science-helps-explain-the-rise-of-trump-part-3-its-the-economy-stupid/.
Related News Items
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are
- Why do GOP lawmakers still oppose legalizing weed?