Clinton uses state links to raise $27 million
- February 3, 2016
- Marty Wattenberg, political science professor, is quoted by Bloomberg and Yahoo! Finance Feb. 3, 2016
Having well-funded party committees around the country can be critical to electoral success. Martin P. Wattenberg, a University of California, Irvine, professor of political science who studies the role parties play in elections and governance [said] … "Her priority has to be raising money for the presidential campaign," Wattenberg said. "If you're saying she's raising money for the party, I'm somewhat skeptical."
For the full story, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-02-03/clinton-rakes-in-millions-through-state-channels?cmpid=yhoo.hosted.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Older voters really like Joe Biden. That's good news and bad news for him.
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- In 2018, the turnout gap between young and old people didn't really shrink at all