Judges impose new Virginia congressional map
- January 7, 2016
- Bernie Grofman, political science professor, is featured in The Daily Progress Jan. 7, 2016
From The Daily Progress:
In recommending his proposals to the judges in November, the expert they hired, Bernard Grofman of the University of California, Irvine, explained his approach. He said voting patterns showed that an African-American could prevail in a 3rd District with a black voting-age population of less than 50 percent. He said that his proposed changes to the 4th would turn it into a second “minority opportunity” district.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/virginia_politics/judges-impose-new-virginia-congressional-map/article_0534e638-b583-11e5-ac9f-a7151cbfa696.html.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Can math predict human behavior?