Obama to honor UC Irvine Latina history professor
- September 7, 2015
- Vicki Ruiz, Chicano/Latino studies and History Distinguished Professor, is featured in the Los Angeles Times Sept. 7, 2015
From the LA Times:
Vicki Ruiz, a professor of history and Chicano/Latino studies at UC Irvine, is set to receive a 2014 National Humanities Medal from President Obama at the White House on Thursday. Ruiz is among 10 honorees from universities nationwide. She is the first at UCI to receive a National Humanities Medal.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-obama-to-honor-uci-chicano-studies-professor-20150907-story.html.
Related News Items
- Harvard recognizes Vicki Ruiz with an honorary degree
- Ruiz to help guide Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Latino
- National Museum of the American Latino has announced its Scholarly Advisory Committee
- As young girls they fled two different countries. In L.A. they found a friendship without borders
- Enriching American history