Burbank airport's size is its charm – and limitation
- July 11, 2015
- Jan Bruckner, economics professor, is quoted in the Los Angeles Times July 11, 2015
From the LA Times:
But there's another, even more important reason we won't see more (or bigger) flights to more places from Burbank, said Jan Brueckner, a professor of economics at UC Irvine. … "If an airline were to send a plane to Burbank from an airport in the Midwest or on the East Coast, connections are effectively ruled out for passengers on that plane.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-tr-spot-20150712-story.html.
Related News Items
- Housing crisis, pandemic reshaping Southern California population
- Pandemic exodus from Los Angeles
- Amid housing crunch, officials want Orange County to stay the way it is
- Airlines have a recipe to reach zero emissions by 2050. The key ingredient: cooking oil
- FAA research grants aim to tackle aviation's massive deficit of greener fuel