A PHL strategy on financial inclusion: More on means vs reversing mind-sets?
- June 16, 2015
- Jeremaiah Opiniano and Alvin Ang, IMTFI researchers, are featured in BusinessMirror June 16, 2015
Ricart had been applied in previous years in three other municipalities across the Philippines. To include the current round in Guiguinto that had been supported by the Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion (IMTFI) of the University of California-Irvine, the story is the same: local and overseas-based income earners and remittance-possessing households claim to “know” finance but the practices contradict what they’re supposed to do given what they “know.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/a-phl-strategy-on-financial-inclusion-more-on-means-vs-reversing-mind-sets/.
Related News Items
- Women leading the blockchain revolution: "Jump in and don't hesitate" With Heidi Pease and Tyler Gallagher
- "Capitalism is so much easier!" Learning savings through playing a board game
- ICA debunks link between cash and crime
- How Nigerian ATM fraud victims are swindled
- Beyond 'send money home': The complex gender dynamics behind mobile money usage