Market raising wages without government help (Op-Ed)
- April 13, 2015
- Research by David Neumark, economics Chancellor’s Professor, is featured by Kentucky.com Apr. 13, 2015
In an analysis of two decades of research on the topic, economists from University of California, Irvine and the Federal Reserve Board find that 85 percent of the best studies conclude that minimum-wage hikes reduce job opportunities –especially among the least skilled.
For the full story, please visit http://www.kentucky.com/2015/04/13/3798261_market-raising-wages-without-government.html?rh=1.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15