Market raising wages without government help (Op-Ed)
- April 13, 2015
- Research by David Neumark, economics Chancellor’s Professor, is featured by Kentucky.com Apr. 13, 2015
In an analysis of two decades of research on the topic, economists from University of California, Irvine and the Federal Reserve Board find that 85 percent of the best studies conclude that minimum-wage hikes reduce job opportunities –especially among the least skilled.
For the full story, please visit http://www.kentucky.com/2015/04/13/3798261_market-raising-wages-without-government.html?rh=1.
Related News Items
- Arianne Cohen: Recession leads to increased workplace ageism against women
- Research and commentary: Delaying minimum wage increase a necessity for the survival of California's businesses
- Newsletter: What rulers are reading
- Women at Google miss out on thousands of dollars as a result of pay discrimination, lawsuit alleges
- The women suing Google over gender discrimination want to expand the lawsuit to a class action