GOP handling of immigration could bolster, or doom, Latino support in 2016
- January 20, 2015
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, is quoted by Fox News Latino Jan. 20, 2015
From Fox News Latino:
“For the electorate, 2016 is still a long time away,” said Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at the University of California, Irvine. “If the tone of the campaign picks up [the issue of] the vote [to block the executive order], then the Republicans will have a hard time doing as well as they did in the last two cycles. If in the primaries immigration remains quiet, then voters, including Latinos, will forget.”
For the full story, please visit http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2015/01/20/gop-handling-immigration-could-bolster-or-doom-latino-support-in-2016/.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff