San Juan Capistrano council in middle of development battle
- January 13, 2015
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor, is quoted in the Orange County Register Jan. 13, 2015
From the Orange County Register:
Patterson, though, is an active member of the referendum movement, causing critics to cry foul. But her participation in the effort is not illegal, said Mark Petracca, chairman of the Department of Political Science at UC Irvine. “She could well be fulfilling a campaign (promise) by being involved in such a referendum effort,” Petracca said. “Hardly unethical, indeed, we might even say admirable.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/city-648090-referendum-project.html.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...