Women and the myth of the American West
- January 9, 2015
- An op-ed by Vicki Ruiz, Chicano/Latino studies Distinguished Professor, is featured by Zocalo Public Square Jan. 9, 2015
From Zocalo Public Square:
Under colonial Spain and newly independent Mexico, married women living in the borderlands of what is now the American Southwest had certain legal advantages not afforded their European-American peers. … Vicki L. Ruiz is distinguished professor of history and Chicano/Latino studies at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full post, please visit http://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2015/01/09/women-and-the-myth-of-the-american-west/ideas/up-for-discussion/.
Related News Items
- Weight bias is a problem in health care. Here's what doctors can do
- Harvard recognizes Vicki Ruiz with an honorary degree
- Ruiz to help guide Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Latino
- National Museum of the American Latino has announced its Scholarly Advisory Committee
- Enriching American history