A bolder Obama to visit Phoenix, challenge GOP
- January 6, 2015
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, is quoted by the AZCentral Jan. 6, 2015
From the AZCentral:
"We're seeing a more vocal Obama," said Louis DeSipio, a political-science professor at University of California, Irvine. … "The powers of the president are relatively few, especially when his party doesn't control the Congress," DeSipio said. "One of those powers is the bully pulpit, the ability to talk directly to the American people about issues."
For the full story, please visit http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/politics/2015/01/07/bolder-obama-visits-phoenix-challenges-gop/21373197/.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...