Local Cubans skeptical of deal
- December 17, 2014
- Raul Fernandez, Chicano/Latino studies professor emeritus, is quoted in the Orange County Register Dec. 17, 2014
From the OC Register:
Raul Fernandez, professor emeritus of UC Irvine’s School of Social Sciences, said the changes are symbolically important, a victory for Cuba and overall a positive development. “But we have to wait for the implementation,” he said. There are numerous obstacles, including the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cuban-645637-cuba-journalists.html.
Related News Items
- Cuban bandleader and timba pioneer Jose Luis Cortes dead at 70 after 'hemorrhagic encephalic accident'
- José Luis Cortés, trailblazing Cuban bandleader, dies at 70
- OPINION: US economic policies have turned Central American countries into unsafe prisons of poverty
- Candido Camero, conga master who transformed jazz, dies at 99
- Outstanding Emeritus