China’s one-child policy
- December 5, 2014
- Wang Feng, sociology professor, is featured by Morningstar Dec. 5, 2014
Last year, before the policy change was announced, I spoke with one of China’s leading demographers, Wang Feng, about the prospects for change. Wang is a professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine…. he recently wrote that the one-child policy “will go down in history as a textbook example of bad science combined with bad politics.”
For the full story, please visit http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/SubmissionsArticle.aspx?submissionid=200913.xml.
Related News Items
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- Why China's young people are not getting married
- China's population is shrinking. It faces a perilous future.
- Desperate for babies, China races to undo an era of birth limits. Is it too late?
- Single mothers in China face fewer hurdles as Beijing tries to boost births