Obama signs executive action on immigration
- November 21, 2014
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, is quoted in The Wall Street Journal Nov. 21, 2014
From The Wall Street Journal:
“The message to Nevada’s Latinos is not lost on going to Las Vegas,” said Louis DeSipio, professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, and an expert on Latino politics. “Nevada is now a purple state precisely because of Latinos. It’s important for the president and the party, starting with [Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid.”
Online subscription required.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...