Irvine voters oust Larry Agran, a decades-long fixture
- November 5, 2014
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor, is quoted in the Los Angeles Times Nov. 5, 2014
From the LA Times:
"This is a guy that was just loaded with interesting ideas," said Mark Petracca, associate professor of political science at UC Irvine. Much more than a mainstay, Petracca said Agran "has been the – not one of – the most consequential political figure in the political development of the city.… The city's entire progressive character, which is shared by Democrats and Republicans alike, is largely attributed to Agran."
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/local/orangecounty/la-me-1106-agran-irvine-20141107-story.html.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- As young girls they fled two different countries. In L.A. they found a friendship without borders
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates