Late money in District 2 supervisorial race
- November 3, 2014
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor, is quoted in the Orange County Register Nov. 2, 2014
From the OC Register:
A public safety union’s political committee spent $100,000 last month to back Michelle Steel’s run against Allan Mansoor for the District 2 supervisorial seat… Steel, 59, who is termed-out of her seat on the state Board of Equalization, has out-fundraised Mansoor, 50… The last-minute blitz being waged on Steel’s behalf doesn’t make the impact in a race that it used to, according to Mark Petracca, associate dean of the UCI School of Social Sciences.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/steel-640639-mansoor-district.html.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...