Republican advantage in mail voting sets stage
- November 3, 2014
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor, is quoted in the Orange County Register Nov. 3, 2014
From the OC Register:
The last-minute blitz being waged on Steel’s behalf doesn’t make the impact in a race that it used to, according to Mark Petracca, associate dean of the UC Irvine School of Social Sciences. … “Locally, people are exhausted by the amount of mail they receive,” Petracca said. “$100,000 buys you a mailing, but doesn’t buy you anyone looking at it.”
Online subscription required to view full article.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...