Three myths about the brain
- August 1, 2014
- An op-ed by Greg Hickok, cognitive sciences professor and Center for Language Science director, is featured in The New York Times August 1, 2014
From The New York Times:
Today the neuroscience community uniformly rejects the notion, as it has for decades, that our brain’s potential is largely untapped. The myth persists, however. The newly released movie “Lucy,” about a woman who acquires superhuman abilities by tapping the full potential of her brain, is only the latest and most prominent expression of this idea. … Gregory Hickok, a professor of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/opinion/sunday/three-myths-about-the-b....
Related News Items
- Wilkinson receives social sciences Alberti prize
- KNX in depth: Supreme Court term ends with rulings on two more major cases
- Supreme Court ruling on immigration
- End of pandemic outreach leaves some OC residents in a difficult spot
- UCI study finds strong negative relationship between minimum wage increases and employment