Fletcher accepts tenure-track job at University of Minnesota
- April 7, 2014
- LPS student will first take Marie Curie Fellowship in Munich
Sixth year LPS graduate student Sam Fletcher has accepted a tenure-track job as Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. He will begin the position in fall of 2015; during the 2014-15 academic year, he will be a post-doctoral researcher at Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich, Germany, funded by a prestigious Marie Curie Action awarded by the European Research Commission. Fletcher dissertation, supervised by LPS assistant professor James Weatherall, was in the philosophy of physics. He explored how to understand precise notions of "similarity" in the context of mathematical physics, using methods from the mathematical field of topology. Fletcher was also offered a tenure-track position in philosophy at the University of Ohio, which he declined.
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities