Zhang Yimou asked to declare income after admitting breach of one-child policy
- December 2, 2013
- Wang Feng, sociology professor, is quoted by the South China Morning Post December 2, 2013
From the South China Morning Post:
For Wang Feng, a demographics expert teaching at the University of California, Irvine, and Fudan University in Shanghai, the target of public ire was not the filmmaker, but the policy. “The root problem is an outdated policy, not this private individual, who has had more children [than he was allowed but] supported them himself,” he said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scmp.com/news/china-insider/article/1371088/zhang-yimou-asked....
Related News Items
- Associations between sleep apnea risk and cardiovascular disease indicators among Chinese and Korean Americans
- Kiazolu and Painter receive Mellon Foundation/UC President's Postdoc support
- Iranian protesters are part of a worldwide fight for women's rights
- What is biphasic sleep and is it healthy for humans?
- China's demographic crisis looms over Xi Jinping's third term