China relaxes its one-child policy
- November 30, 2013
- Wang Feng, sociology professor, is quoted by The Lancet November 30, 2013
From The Lancet:
Experts hope that under the policy change, decision makers will soon come to realize that the fear is unwarranted. Wang Feng, a demographer at the University of California, Irvine, says he “optimistically” believes that “after a long delay the Chinese government has become aware of the demographic change and will soon abolish the fertility restrictions completely”.
For the full story, please visit http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2813%2962....
Related News Items
- Associations between sleep apnea risk and cardiovascular disease indicators among Chinese and Korean Americans
- Kiazolu and Painter receive Mellon Foundation/UC President's Postdoc support
- Iranian protesters are part of a worldwide fight for women's rights
- What is biphasic sleep and is it healthy for humans?
- China's demographic crisis looms over Xi Jinping's third term