- November 25, 2013
- Roxanne Varzi, anthropology associate professor, is featured in the Orange County Register November 25, 2013
From the OC Register:
Greg Duncan, a professor of education at UC Irvine, was recently awarded the 2013 Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize, an honor given for outstanding achievements in child and youth development… UC Irvine engineering graduate student Salvatore Campione is the recent recipient of the 2013 Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar award. The honor recognizes scholars who are 27 years old or younger with outstanding research in the field of engineering or science… Roxanne Varzi, a UC Irvine associate professor of anthropology and film and media studies, screened her documentary “Plastic Flowers Never Die” at the 6th Annual Noor Iranian Film Festival in Los Angeles in October.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/research-538704-film-duncan.html.
Related News Items
- Associations between sleep apnea risk and cardiovascular disease indicators among Chinese and Korean Americans
- Kiazolu and Painter receive Mellon Foundation/UC President's Postdoc support
- Iranian protesters are part of a worldwide fight for women's rights
- What is biphasic sleep and is it healthy for humans?
- China's demographic crisis looms over Xi Jinping's third term