UCI alumna runs for Artesia city council
- October 21, 2013
- Melissa Ramoso, political science '07, is featured in the Orange County Register October 21, 2013
From the OC Register:
UC Irvine graduate Melissa Ramoso (class of ’07) is the youngest Filipino- American to run for office in California. This election season, the 30-year-old Democrat is seeking a spot on the Artesia City Council. Although her history in the public sector may draw a clear path to her political aspirations, Ramoso didn’t always know her true ambition. When Ramoso enrolled at Cypress College, she dreamed of working in computer science. Instead, she fell in love with political science and transferred to UC Irvine to pursue a career in the public sector.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/city-531643-ramoso-artesia.html.
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all