Anthropologists hold workshops in Australia
- March 19, 2013
- Boellstorff and Maurer are visiting professors at RMIT
Tom Boellstorff, anthropology professor, and Bill Maurer, anthropology and law professor and Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion director, are spending the week in Melbourne, Australia as visiting professors at RMIT University.
The anthropologists are holding a series of workshops that highlight Southeast Asian contemporary culture and the growing importance of mobile money in the financial industry.
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back