Arizona immigration law turmoil remains after ruling
- June 26, 2012
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science associate professor, is quoted in the Tucson Citizen June 25, 2012
From the Tucson Citizen:
Political experts said partisans on both sides of the debate will try to frame the larger issue to fit their agenda. That could work to the Democrats' advantage if Latino voters become energized, but Louis DeSipio, a political-science professor at the University of California, Irvine, said there's no guarantee that will happen. "It will be one of many issues for Latino voters," he said. "Immigration has never been the top issue in the Latino community. People have been aware of SB 1070, and this will put it on the front burner for a while."
For the full story, please visit http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-news/2012/06/25/arizona-immigration-law....
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all