Revolution and counter-revolution in Egypt
- February 15, 2012
- Post-January 2011 Egypt surveyed in new online forum co-edited by anthropologist Julia Elyachar
January 25 marked the one-year anniversary of the “official” start of the Egyptian Revolution, an event Cultural Anthropology recognized with the launch of “Hot Spot on Egypt,” an online forum co-edited by UCI anthropologist Julia Elyachar.
The collection brings together diverse analytic perspectives on revolution and counter-revolution in Egypt through commentaries, essays, imagery, video links and a bibliography of publications on Egypt since the revolution began.
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all