Cool prize for ice cream creator
- December 19, 2011
- Kelsey Lien, economics undergrad, is featured in the Santa Clarita Valley Signal December 18, 2011
From the Santa Clarita Valley Signal
William S. Hart High School graduate Kelsey Lien is among the top-10 finalists for the Baskin-Robbins second annual Online Flavor Creation Contest. Nearly 40,000 consumers mixed and matched their own ingredients to create a signature ice cream flavor from 31 base flavors, a variety of ribbons, such as fudge and peanut butter, and a large number of mix-ins, including candy pieces and cookies. Lien, of Santa Clarita, created the flavor Nutty Creamcheese Brownie.... Her creation landed her in the top 10 and a prize of free ice cream for a year. Lien has the chance to have her flavor added to the Baskin-Robbins ice cream library as the July 2012 Flavor of the Month. If her ice cream is voted the big winner, Lien will receive a trip for two to Boston, which includes a three-night stay at a landmark Boston hotel, a night at the theater, $1,000 in spending money and a trip to Baskin-Robbins headquarters, where she will meet the Baskin-Robbins culinary team and spend a day bringing her virtual flavor to life. Lien is a junior at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.the-signal.com/section/37/article/56528/.
Related News Items
- When was talking invented? A language scientist explains how this unique feature of human beings may have evolved
- San Clemente council votes to pull abortion ban from next meeting
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- The Note: NUMBER OF THE DAY, powered by FiveThirtyEight