Security, amenities of Anti-Wall Street camps lure homelessness
- December 5, 2011
- David Snow, sociology professor, is quoted in Reuters and 12 additional publications December 2, 2011
David Snow, a University of California at Irvine sociologist who studies homelessness, said it was only natural to find a connection between Occupy protests and homelessness given the protesters' focus on economic inequality issues. "The rise of homelessness in the 1980s could be seen as the canary in the coal mine signaling a rise in inequality that started in the 1970s, continued in the 1980s, accelerated in the 1990s, and is now reaching a crescendo," he said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/02/us-protests-homeless-idUSTRE7B...
Also ran in:
-WNA AM 1070
-Bay Ledger News
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities