Op-ed: How to leave the Euro
- November 10, 2011
- An op-ed by Stergios Skaperdas, economics professor, is featured in The New York Times November 9, 2011
From the NYT:
Having been led down an ever-worsening spiral by the euro zone and its own government, Greece now faces two options, both of them painful: stay the course, or default and exit the monetary union. Each presents difficulties and uncertainties, but in the long run there is no question that default, and a return to the drachma, offer the better chance of economic growth and employment.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/opinion/how-greece-could-leave-the-eur....
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities