Some economists support return to the drachma
- November 8, 2011
- Stergios Skaperdas, economics professor, is interviewed on NPR November 3, 2011
Greece's economic woes have left the country's leaders with few options. Now some are suggesting a radical plan: get rid of the euro and return to Greece's national currency, the drachma. Guy Raz talks with one economist who supports this plan. Stergios Skaperdas is professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine.
Audio link available at http://www.npr.org/2011/11/03/141994903/some-economists-support-return-t...
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities