Op-ed: Social programs protect 'God's creation'
- November 1, 2011
- An op-ed by David Smith, sociology professor, is featured in the Daily Pilot October 31, 2011
From the Daily Pilot:
The Preamble to the U.S. Constitution commits this nation to promoting the general welfare. In faith language, we would call that the "common good." The federal budget should reflect a commitment to the common good by ensuring that the basic needs of all members of society are met.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailypilot.com/news/opinion/tn-dpt-1101-mailbag-20111031,0,45....
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities