UCI gets $4.17 million to research mobile technology in developing countries
- October 31, 2011
- The IMTFI is featured in the Orange County Register October 27, 2011
From the OC Register:
The UCI Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion was awarded $4.17 million from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to continue research on the uses of mobile technology and financial services in developing countries. The center is now funded through 2014. According to UCI, the IMTFI has "supported 54 research projects in 32 countries, including Haiti" when it was hit was a massive 7.0 earthquake last year.
For the full story, please visit http://ocunwired.ocregister.com/2011/10/27/uci-gets-4-17-million-to-rese....
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities