UCI gets $4.17 million to research mobile technology in developing countries
- October 31, 2011
- The IMTFI is featured in the Orange County Register October 27, 2011
From the OC Register:
The UCI Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion was awarded $4.17 million from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to continue research on the uses of mobile technology and financial services in developing countries. The center is now funded through 2014. According to UCI, the IMTFI has "supported 54 research projects in 32 countries, including Haiti" when it was hit was a massive 7.0 earthquake last year.
For the full story, please visit http://ocunwired.ocregister.com/2011/10/27/uci-gets-4-17-million-to-rese....
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all