Film about braceros grew from UCI expert's work
- October 7, 2011
- Gilbert Gonzalez, Chicano/Latino studies professor emeritus, is featured in the Orange County Register October 6, 2011
From the OC Register:
A UCI professor's documentary film about the bracero program, much of it made in Orange County, will be screened and discussed at two upcoming events. Producer and co-director of the film was Gilbert G. Gonzalez, a professor emeritus of Chicano studies who has written extensively about Mexican labor in the United States and about the bracero program.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/news/program-320800-labor-gonzalez.html.
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities