Film about braceros grew from UCI expert's work
- October 7, 2011
- Gilbert Gonzalez, Chicano/Latino studies professor emeritus, is featured in the Orange County Register October 6, 2011
From the OC Register:
A UCI professor's documentary film about the bracero program, much of it made in Orange County, will be screened and discussed at two upcoming events. Producer and co-director of the film was Gilbert G. Gonzalez, a professor emeritus of Chicano studies who has written extensively about Mexican labor in the United States and about the bracero program.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/news/program-320800-labor-gonzalez.html.
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness