FrontlineSMS:Credit: Targeting MFIs and SMEs to maximise the social impact of mobile money
- September 28, 2011
by Claire Penicaud
We’ve written previously in our blog about the intersection of mobile money and Microfinance and about innovative microfinance products riding on the rails of mobile money. Last week, Nathan Wyeth, Project Director of FrontlineSMS:Credit, visited our office to tell us about the latest developments on the work they have been doing with rural MFIs in Kenya.
Launched in 2010, FrontlineSMS:Credit is a social enterprise that produces software tools to enable organizations and businesses to easily use mobile money. Realizing that there was a gap in the market for an efficient way of managing organizational data, FrontlineSMS seized this opportunity and linked FrontlineSMS’ existing platform to mobile money.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal