Sprint says AT&T merger would result in big job losses
- September 2, 2011
- A study by David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the Los Angeles Times September 1, 2011
From the LA Times:
A day after the Justice Department sued to block AT&T's $39 billion merger with T-Mobile, an industry catfight raged on over whether the merger would add thousands of jobs to the U.S. economy or subtract them.... "The merger may or may not have other benefits that have to be weighed against its potential costs," writes David Neumark, the director of the Center for Economics & Public Policy at UC Irvine and an author of the Sprint-commissioned study.
For the full story and a link to the study, please visit http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/09/sprint-att-spar-over-....
Related News Items
- End of pandemic outreach leaves some OC residents in a difficult spot
- UCI study finds strong negative relationship between minimum wage increases and employment
- Kiran and Nivi, TikTok stars, share how they work together as twins
- Pride Month
- What is a recession? Why the most horrifying term in economics isn't what you always think