Sprint-commissioned study debunks AT&T's job claims
- September 2, 2011
- A study by David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in Yahoo! Finance and six additional publications September 1, 2011
From Yahoo! Finance:
A new study, commissioned by Sprint (NYSE:S), was released today by David Neumark, professor of Economics and director of the Center for Economics and Public Policy at the University of California at Irvine. This independent analysis debunks assertions made by AT&T (T) that their proposed takeover of T-Mobile (DTEGY) would be good for American jobs. The study reveals that this acquisition will almost certainly lead to the elimination of thousands of American jobs as the company works to lower its capital expenditures by $10B. The study directly refutes claims made by AT&T, based on a memorandum by the Economic Policy Institute, that the merger would be a net job creator. The EPI analysis, Neumark notes, is groundless.
For the full story, please visit http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Sprint-commissioned-study-theflyonthewall-....
Also ran in:
- Channel Partners
- Investor Point
- Leading Technology News
- Street Insider
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal